Enviro FM Partners with Afstor Solar Home and Cooker System
Enviro FM is a leader in sustainable facilities management solutions in Ireland, with sustainability at the core of everything we do.
During a recent visit to Finland to identify the latest innovations for sustainability Managing Director David Casey met with Ari Piispanen, inventor and founder of Afstor (Solar Home and Cooker system). This system offers significant benefits for Carbon emissions reduction.
This new innovative system allows Enviro FM help clients to offset their carbon emissions while helping African families and enabling reforestation. Supporting this program will see 1,000 trees planted on your business’s behalf and the reduction of the felling of 4,000kgs of trees per family per annum.
Speaking on the partnership, Managing Director, David Casey, reflected; “this is a great partnership agreed with Ari and his team. This solution further underpins Enviro FM’s commitment to identifying solutions on behalf of the Irish market while focusing on its aim of being a sustainable facilities management company.
“We can help clients bring their ESG commitments to the fore with this practice of helping African families in need. This is truly carbon offsetting with a purpose.”
Clients will receive monthly reports direct from the Afstor Solar Home Cooker System. Hours of usage and the eliminated CO2 emissions. Clients can then attribute these savings to their sustainability footprint as measured by their ESG/CSR strategy.
What is Afstor Solar Home and Cooker System?
The Afstor Solar Home Cooker System produces clean energy for families in Africa for cooking, lighting, internet connection, and powering general home appliances.
The appliances supplied by Enviro FM on the behalf of Afstor will be 100% solar-powered with zero carbon emissions.
Power generated and stored in the battery of the Afstor unit from the solar panels will give African families up to three hours of power for cooking after sundown, reading, and using the internet.
The average 5-person family emits 6.2 tons of carbon as a result of burning wood to cook at present. The Afstor unit negates the need for open fires and offers a zero-carbon emissions solution.
The Challenges YOU can Help Solve.
In sub-Saharan Africa, some 840 million people in urban areas do not have access to electricity, and with the rapid population growth in these regions, an estimated 700 million people will continue without access by 2050.
Most families in Africa will continue to burn open fires, with the average family of five consuming 4,000kg of wood per year which produces 6,400kg of CO2. Women in developing countries spend 1.4 hours a day collecting firewood and four hours cooking.
The unsustainable levels of wood harvesting leads to high rates of deforestation, causing droughts, destruction of animals’ natural habitats, flooding, and other complex issues.
Enviro FM will help clients achieve tangible Carbon-offsetting results and evidence these results monthly for ESG leads to report back to their business.
- David Casey and Ari Piispanen, inventor, and founder of Afstor, agreed on an exclusive partnership for Enviro FM to be the sole agent for Afstor Home Solar System in the Irish market.
- Enviro FM will give monthly reports to clients who purchase the Afstor Home Solar System of its hours of usage and the eliminated CO2 emissions.
- The appliances supplied by Enviro FM on the behalf of Afstor will be 100% solar-powered with zero carbon emissions.
- Electricity generated and stored in the battery of the Afstor unit from the solar panels will give African families up to three hours of power.
- The unsustainable levels of wood harvesting leads to high rates of deforestation, causing droughts, destruction of animals’ natural habitats, flooding, and other complex issues. You are helping to reverse this trend.
Speak to our Technical Team Today
Speak to our technical team today to get advice on how you can begin offsetting your carbon emissions.